Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Aug 25, 2013

WANDERLUST: The Path Within (Part 2) - Two Days in Rishikesh

As I was in Delhi during the time of Kanwar Yatra, I thought of going to Rishikesh to bring Ganga Jal (Holy Ganges Water) for the rituals in home. So here is my pilgrimage to Rishikesh from Dehradun divided in Two Parts, (due to the length of the post was too big to be unleashed on un-suspecting readers). The story below is from the day two in Rishikesh. To read the FIRST part, DAY ONE, click here…

Krishna giving the knowledge of Bhagwat Gita to Arjuna
Sculpture at Triveni Ghat.

yada yada hi dharmasya | glanir bhavati bharata ||
abhyutthanam adharmasya | tadatmanam srjamy aham ||
Praritranaya Sadhunam | Vinashaya Cha Dushkritam ||
Dharamasansthapnaya |Sambhavami Yuge-Yuge.||

(Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend Myself. For the protection of the good, for the destruc­tion of the wicked and for the establishment of righteousness, I am born in every age.) 
– BHAGWAT GITA CHAPTER IV – SHLOKA 7 & 8
(To hear a beautiful rendition of this shloka, please click here..)


The day two started with my nephew Aniket Pandey, who joined me from Dehradun and my host of the day was Swami Omkarananda, previously of Sivananda Ashram. My old friend Swami Yatidharmananda, who is traveling europe in order to spread knowledge of yoga, specially requested me to meet him to design and work on the Yoga Ashram being created through the help of some of our friends. Swami Omkaranada ji is an amazing personality. Traveled far and wide, did his PhD in Metaphysics from Japan, studied with buddhist monks in Tibet and had to leave the place incognito, when Chinese Govt ordered all the monks to leave. His thought process, his clarity of vision and desire to promote yoga across the world is exemplery. There are people like Swami ji, who make this devbhoomi a spiritual place. After morning rituals and meditation, we reached Swami ji's Yoga Ashram near Ram Jhoola. 



The place of stay, just above the bank of river Ganges, afford a lovely view of the river, the bridge and the ashrams and hills across. My favorite sand beach is now submoerged in the flood of river Ganges but still having early morning bath, on the ghat visible from the room is still the same. The clouds over shadow the distant hills but the crystal clear air, the serinty of the mountains makes a lovely view...


As the river meanders through the Rishikesh Valley, I remember those silent cold nights, when I used to go down to the river along with a Sadhu to stand in the cold water before the sunrise and chant Mantras for hours together. At the far in the distance where the river bends, I can see my favorite place of food. German bakery's Little Buddha restaurant. So many friends that I have had met and made there...


A silent place for early morning mediation, before the sunrises is being created and is one of my favorite place to be. The river silently flows below, murmuring soft vibrations of energy with in your soul and slowly easing out the essence of ego and self to flower forth and fall... 



On the right hand side, the suspension bridge comes to life by early morning.. and by 7 - 8 AM, the traffic comes alive on this and gives a constant call to close the meditation and walk across to either Choti Wala or to Little Buddha for sumptuous breakfast. I usually prefer the road side Chaiwala, just at the other end of the bridge and probably a piece of bread... and then walk all the way to German bakery and sit on the overhang of the second floor overlooking the River Ganges and finish reading the book that I am currently reading. Shankaracharya's Discourse on Gita... 


The ashram across the Yoga Ashram, comes alive in the morning and find many devotees going about their morning meditations...


Some like this lady, is deep in her thoughts, looking for some long lost reason in the distance of life... lived. 


As I started back on my journey back to Dehradun, to catch up with my late night train to Delhi, the high mountain peaks got me to promise to be back...



The setting sun, illuminated my path and the thoughts that filled my self, reminded me how important it is to live in this now, savour the moments passing by and be fully within this 'now'. Life is not lived in the past or the future, it is in the present and when we learn to live in the present, fully wholly we know life as it is... not what it was and can be... in future.


Just listen with laughter in your heart
The soft breeze do sing
The beautiful life's love song

A beautiful sunset on the way, gave me a farewell and I look forward to being in Dev Bhoomi Rishikesh again... I hope you have enjoyed this walk with me ...

__
Shashi
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                HOME                              NEXT
The Path Within - Two days in Rishikesh (Part I)            JIM CORBETT TIGER PARK

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...