Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Apr 16, 2015

34th Edition of Shadow Dancing With Mind

In fifth year of blogging, this is the first edition in the year 2015 and 34th in the series of compilations of my travels, thoughts, haiku, books and happenings around the town. It’s been a fulfilling journey with my blog being awarded the top Indian blogger last year in Spirituality section as well as so many people have followed the blog with hit count of more than 400K. So thank you for continuing to like what I write and share with every one. Hope this edition gives you as much pleasure as it gives me to revisit these pages.

BOOK CLUB READING:

A book about self obsessed child, Helen who is not able to look beyond her own nose to see what's happening around her and still able to hold on her own, when her mainstay of the life, Grand Mother dies. In the small cottage she comes to live with her relative Flora, while her father is working elsewhere... This is a story about her summer days with Flora, who is quite unassuming and her coming of age.


VILLAGE DIARY:
A Travel and spiritual account from my ancestral village…

An amazing celebrations of Ram Navami with the Bhagwat Paath, I am back in Chennai after a week of rituals, story telling, meditation and mantra chanting but still the hangover continues..


PART II: The other side
Here is what I have captured of the other side of the beautiful and lovely village life in my recent trip to our ancestral home - a village called Godriya, in Kushinagar, where Lord Buddha attained Nirvana.


HINDU LIT FOR LIFE

An Annual Literary event in Chennai
The Hindu has been doing a great service to the literarily inclined Chennaites for last five years and each year has seen it grow in its stature and quality.

- Day 1: A Walk Among the Galaxy of Stars


- Day 2 and 3: And the winner is...



HAIKU MASTER SERIES - Sōchō& Sōgi
A series on discussing Haiku Masters and their poetry


THOUGHTS THIS WEEK:

A week contains full 168 hours of action, divide that into predefined activities according to your nature as well as your need and then, if you can act accordingly, you can transform yourself into achieving any thing and any kind of success. 


Arriving temporarily from Delhi, in the year 1994, in a sleepy town and then having stayed back to create a life around work and business, I have seen the city grow and I find that it is still, in it’s soul, a traditional city.


GOOGLE PLUS 10K CLUB, 3.7 Million Views & 400K hits
Being a common man, with some common ideas, thoughts and things to share, it's a pleasure to see that there are so many people want to read what I write; share my passion and travel with me through various images, photographs and my words.


Hope you have liked this edition of my Shadow Dancing With Mind. Please do let me know if you have any thoughts, queries and suggestions. You can also connect with me at the following coordinates…

Twitter: VerseEveryDay

Google Plus: Shashi S

__
Shashi 
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                HOME                              NEXT
33rd Edition                                                     35th Edition


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...