Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

May 23, 2012

WHISPERS: Memories and some Haiku...

My latest set of Haiku and some of the memories made and lost… and living in dying… titled ‘Memories’. Hope you will enjoy these verses…


Moon walks the lonely Path
Darkness of night dotted with stars
Hides all tears
__
Under the desert sky
Even fallen stars shine over
Shifting dunes of dying time
__
You sit beside me
Counting countless stars
On my finger tip
__


MEMORIES
______
Searching for lost
Scent of life
I look every where
Is there a meaning
Of this emptiness
Or is there a cosmic design
About to fall?
Is living, all about dying?

Why Sun sets
Why the sea waves fall
Why stars shine
Only in dark
Why the scent of your smile
Floats away, every time
I try to hold,
In my cupped palms

I gather the grains of sand
Left by your foot prints
In my broken heart
I smell the sunsets of your shadow
About to fall
In the spray of ocean scent
In the whispers of sea breeze
All over my broken heart

Remember that ledge of sand;
Where you sat down to count
Countless stars
– Fencing the endless horizon,
Of the dark night?
All still there, waiting
In endless living and dying
Between memories made or lost

There was no space between us
Now the ocean has filled, even that gap
As I sit across in my own desert spaces
That Orion’s belt still shines bright
You know, every lonely night
And I end my dreams with that lovely star
And shatter my living
In a new sunrise, another star
____________
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

Submitted to an amazing group of talented poets @ dVerse Poets Club, at their Open Link Night WK 45, to add your own verse at dVerse Poets Pub and read some amazing talented poets, click here…

PREV                                       HOME                                    NEXT
How To Save A Drop of Love

6 comments:

  1. i love counting stars....my fav part of this is the haiku sitting next to each other and them counting stars on you fingers...that is sucha strong image for me...loved it man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't quite imagine the moon to be crying, Shashi sir. She's my keeper of secrets and one who consoles me when I'm down :) but the haiku were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..loved all the haikus. 'counting stars on my finger tips'...great imagery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look every where Is there a meaning Of this emptiness
    Or is there a cosmic design About to fall?Is living, all about dying? beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love you haiku...they are beautiful. In memories you question so many things. I have done that..I am doing it now. Some will be answered..some will just float in space unknown. Beautiful Work!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...