Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Mar 2, 2012

100,000 Hits and my Top Five blog posts...


Well today, my blog reached a great milestone of 100,000 hits. To celebrate this, I am sharing the top five posts (From 200+ posts) that have been read most… though there are many posts, that I personally like and are good features but since some of them are posted a little later, hence I guess those didn’t make it to the top five…  though I am happy to see that Rishikesh made it to the tops too... :-)


I am grateful to all my readers, followers (346) for the support and liking my posts about various things that interest me…

Recently, I came across this interview Akiane Kramarik on CNN – Drawing heaven and was interested in knowing more about her.  Did some research and as I get to know more and more about her, I was drawn to try and understand her, connect with her.  I am sure that you would also like to know more about a child that started painting beautiful self portraits at 4 and then by the time she was 7, writing beautiful poetry and all the while she was drawing the cosmic designs on her canvass of life... 


The Best Buildings of the Year
The American Institute of Architects announces its Honor Awards for architecture
The 11 projects recognized with this year's AIA Honor Awards for Architecture include several museums, as might be expected given the undiminished power of museum mania. But there are also an equal number of libraries and government buildings — a happy sign that municipal agencies are increasingly respectful of good design.


A best kept secret since 1975 - A New Age Commune 
Recently I came across an interesting and typical new-age commune located in the Alps of Italy, Damanhur, through a link provided by my brother Animesh. Some consider the Temple structure buried 100 ft under a hill, (constructed in secret by Amateurs over a period of 13 years, without any drawings and plans) 8th Wonder of the world. In exploring further, I realise the beauty of the self made architecture  as well as the guiding philosophy of the commune i.e. The Damanhurians see the temple as a pathway to the divine inside and outside of one's self. (From the book "Damanhur Temples of Humankind"). So here is an introduction... for you to explore further and possibly move in...


I have had come across a great book "Man's Search For Meaning" recommended by a friend and thought of sharing with all. So here is it is ...
Dr. Viktor Frankl, a survivor of Auschwitz and then went on to write one of the best books on Human Psyche and developed his ideas, now generally known as the Third School of Viennese Psychiatry - The school of Logotherapy.



Rishikesh has always been my favourite place to download all the negative energy that gets accumulated in me, while living in the concrete jungle of various metro’s and the cities over the year. Rishikesh, as some say, Devbhoomi (Land ofGods) is one place, where yoga took its roots and slowly over the time has become the world’s spiritual capital (Well!! according to some). Many of theIndia’s enlightened Yogi’s have lived here in meditation for years and given the world, many powerful spiritual and yogic techniques. 

I appreciate all my followers support to my thoughts, poetry and my posts and look forward to sharing the best of the best in coming years… Thank you very much.

________________________

नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                     HOME                                       NEXT
201st post and 22nd Edition

13 comments:

  1. woooo...Congratulations Shashi... :)
    keep scribbling... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ! Your blog is really Great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Hope to see you crossing even bigger milestones in near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and best wishes. May you see many followers, write many posts and get many hits through and through.

    Joy always,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on this milestone, and it was fun discovering your selection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. Will definitely take some time to read your selection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! great!!! will come back to read your top blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello.
    Congratulations Shashi! This is indeed a milestone. Here's to the next 100,000 views!

    As a follower of my blog, I thought I'd let you know my blog address has changed so you'll need to update your bookmarks.
    Blog Name: Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...
    Old Address: http://mypoetcharm.blogspot.com
    NEW ADDRESS: http://thoughtsofbeautyinthestillnessofdawn.blogspot.com

    Hope you'll stop by sometime soon!
    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on that great milestone!

    Wish you many more lakh hits!

    Happy blogging.
    Pattu
    Gardenerat60

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the big milestone !! Loved reading all your top 5 .. but Buddha cafe - was my fav !!

    Cheers,
    Sangrywords

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations on the hits...rishikesh hods a special plc in my heart too....i go there often!!

    http://sushmita-smile.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually i think it is outstanding post. Thank's a lot for your post. Mark David.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...