Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Feb 8, 2012

WHISPERS: In Remembrance & Moon Haiku...

Today 7th Feb is the day of remembering those who have been with you on your journey for some time or forever. Who precipitated the essence of your living, into the seed within, that will burst forth in flowering, as time passes by. Making the path of living, more vibrant and beautiful for the travellers in your wake... So here I am with some Haiku about a beautiful moonrise and the longer verse “Where Ever I Will Fall...” 

Moon Rise on ECR - Chennai 7th Feb

The beauty is
Not the moonrise, but the memories
Of my heart; Dying apart
__
Moon shines
With all my memories
Packed, intact
__
Moon reflects
The dying Sun
Ocean scent scars
__

The Shore Temple - Mahabali Puram (7th Feb)

Where Ever I Will Fall…
______________
The withered temple waits
Forever eroding
In the deep silence
Echoing within
In the howls of dark nights
Sea, surf and sands
Search for that one sound
Of smile, lighter than the fall
That an autumn brings

Mingled with the red blood sea shells
I watch broken stars
Softly falling like dew drops
Tear the sands of time
White frothy waves, forever retreating
Taking whatever is
Still left beating in my heart
Where ever I will fall,
I will be the seed

Pilgrims of life
Create fire
And sacrifice
____________
Shashi @ 7th Feb 2012

This is submitted to dVerse Poets Open Link Night WK 30, if you would like to read really some great talented poets as well as add your own, please click here....
_________
ॐ नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

PREV                                   HOME                               NEXT
Withered Dreams and Love songs


15 comments:

  1. Thank you for turning my attention away from myself, long enough for me to at least give thanks to those who have shaped and crafted this person I have grown to be. You do good with your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mingled with the red blood sea shells
    I watch broken stars
    Softly falling like dew drops
    Tear the sands of time

    Your writing is so gentle and beautiful--and opens the heart--Thank you!

    @AudreyHowitt

    ReplyDelete
  3. the stars falling like dew drops is an awesome image man...we are all pilgrims...

    really like that 3rd haiku as well....

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous writing, Shashi. the long piece was so warm and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How you have blended the images with words...wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely indeed; excellent composition both on camera and in words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Shashi--this really resonates with me today--my heart fills with the incense of your words. The moon holds memories and glows almost radioactively, the temple withers but supports new and different life, the sacrificial fire and the ocean scent beat back the darkness, somehow, in spite of everything. Fine fine writing in each poem, all three haikus and your longer piece, and gorgeous photos as well. Thank you for what your art has done for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely. I am deeply touched, Shashi.

    One_Love---Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful temple, Shashi. Blessed pilgimage for you.

    Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  10. A long, lovely journey - your poem woven through and around the gorgeous images - truly enjoyable; well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Search for that one sound
    Of smile, lighter than the fall
    That an autumn brings
    lovely lines, love it how the lines are intertwined together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the 2nd haiku best, the idea that the Moon is packed full of memories (actually there is a constellation that always reminds me of a family member, so this idea can flow in many directions), and also because "packed" is such a delightful, plump word to say and then you followed it up with "intact".

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! :)The haikus are good.
    But correct me if I am wrong.
    Haikus usually have a 5-7-5 format and a 17-syllable count. I have been writing some on my blog myself. So was intrigued to ask the same.
    Hope its okay with you!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! :)The haikus are good.
    But correct me if I am wrong.
    Haikus usually have a 5-7-5 format and a 17-syllable count. I have been writing some on my blog myself. So was intrigued to ask the same.
    Hope its okay with you!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great mix of images and words.You've played it so well.Love itr :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...