Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Sep 20, 2011

WHISPERS: Mannequin and the life gone by...


Sharing some of my Haiku and my verse on Poetic Form "Object" below... Hope you will all like it...


She sits alone
Skipping stones in the moonlight
Each - a memory lost
___

She knows me so well
That she loves asking
What’s wrong with you?
___

Hanging on to her whispers
I woke up to find
She has left her promises behind
___


Mannequin - A Life Gone By

A mannequin
Hangs in my old office room
On an old rusty stand
One arm and a good figure
No Blouse on top
Feel like something is missing
In her life too

Her feet hang in the air
Like the ground under her feet
Has fallen away too
I look hard for her face
Instead just old worn out paint
Smiling or dreaming
Does she has nightmares too

She does not even have a face
Then how can she dream
Let alone play with nightmares
In her emptiness
But does one really need a face
To dream

But sometimes, I do see her smile
Not where it should be,
But in the space
Above the emptiness of head
Like an apparition looking at me
Calling me to come to my own senses

I have dreams, not in her head
But of my own
Living in the contrasts of living
Let the thoughts categorise it
As dead as opposite to un-dead

And I hear her say, “ Don’t play the game
Of the contrasts
But feel the evenness of depth.
In the restlessness of mind
Plunge in its depth
Unattached to life

See the life Gone By...”

___________
नमः शिवाय
Om Namah Shivaya

Submitted to Poetry Picnic WK 5 theme Poetic Form "Object" that I am hosting this week. Please click here to add your own and read some great talented poets....

3 comments:

  1. your Haikus are always refreshing.

    the poem is deep, poetic, and beautiful in many levels.

    seeing life go by,
    at time, we wonder why,
    most of the time, we simply give up and let it fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry but I do not know much about Haikus but when reading yours it is so nice and lovely and I do like it a lot
    http://gatelesspassage.com/2011/09/19/my-world/#comment-972

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...