Om Namah Shivaya

Om Namah Shivaya

I'll be grateful if you...

Jun 13, 2010

The rituals, chantings and nature - Jageshwar, A Temple town of Lord Shiva

Hi Friends...

Welcome to the 5th edition of “Shadow Dancing with Mind” and this has one of my very memorable trips to a very powerful temple in Himalaya’s , known as Jageshwar (Click here - Read more about the Temple Town in Wikipedia) . The legend has it that this place, Lord Shiva was in Child like nature and he used to give boons to any one whoever asked him and whatever… so once on his trip to Kedar Nath in Himalaya’s Shankaracharya, one of the most prominent spiritual guru’s, realized that this way Lord Shiva will give any thing to any one whether deserving or not, so in his simplicity, he pushed the Shivalinga deeper in the ground so that he will not be able to listen to every one’s request. Interesting and simple story, whether true or not, but tells a lot about the local people and their simplicity.

Today is also the day when my father passed away four years back and I bring here one of the verses that I wrote years back when he died just to release one of my big knots. And there are many other verses too…

And my untold story of “Yogi Baba” is getting through… Hope who are following like the dilemma Yogi Baba is facing in his spiritual life.

This week’s still life has some of interesting moments from the Indian Railways platform – A panorama of rural life and many things happen here too….

The book section where I usually discuss some books that has influenced me is still not going on as I have been too busy to type what I liked about the Black Swan and I think it’s not ready to come into existence on my blog yet so I am letting it be….

NEXT WEEK:
The reader: Rahul Sankritayan’s book about his travels.
Inspired street : An interesting personality from Spiritual realm “Swami Yati Dharmananda”
Whispers will let you feel the pain and the frustration of not doing what one wants to do.
Still Life is a dynamic page, I will not be knowing what I am going to put up, so please enjoy the surprise.
Yogi Baba: I just dont know what its going to be as its developing even as we speak.

Hope you like this edition of Shadow Dancing with Mind; look forward to seeing your comment this week too. I really appreciate when you write to me or leave me comments here. It gets me going, week by week. Please feel

Om Namah Shivaya

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your visit and it will be a great pleasure to know what you think of this post...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...